Friday, October 4, 2013

Daytona Beach summer

                                           Daytona Beach
                              (Word Count Goal- 300)

It was a beautiful day in Florida, 90 degree weather and hot sand on your toes.  Beach and tides coming in at every direction. My mom putting sunscreen on my brother and my dad getting our stuff out of the car while I went to one of the canopies and bought 3 boggy boards, chairs and a umbrella I was so excited I hopped into the water and got my hair all wet. It felt so good I was so happy we came. I ran up on the beach. My dad and I got a boggy board and went out pretty far I was kind a nervous because of sharks and jellyfish.  My brother ran up to the tip wear the water hit the sand. He slowly touched the water and my mom took his hand and ran into to the water together.

                My dad and I went far out saw a huge tided I said “Let’s go for this one” he nodded in
 Agreement we turned around waiting to hear the rustling of the tide hit the soft board to push us away
When we got to the sand I asked him if I could go out alone and super far he said “see how far you can go and try to get a big wave” I smiled

                I went out far to the point I couldn’t touch the bottom I saw a wave so tall it made me shake Inside “I’m going for it I can do it” I thought to myself I slowly turned my board at an angle, I knew this would be the biggest tide I would hit all day I sat and waited patiently I could hear it coming I got the chills and I shut my eyes………

                Next thing I knew I was on top of the wave going extremely fast heading to the shining sand the wave took me all the way to the sand I was shocked I got off the boggy board held it in one hand and ran to my mom and dad asking “Mom, Dad did you see that the wave took me all the way to the sand!” I said. My mom replied saying “ I stood up looking for you I couldn’t see you, you were all the way to the left and super far, I thought you were nervous to go out that far because of sharks”
“Not anymore” I said


                                                                                                       -Lydia Hamilton 

No comments:

Post a Comment